Monday, March 13, 2006

past my bedtime

OK, so:

1) I need to take up some Tag-like mission of frequent blog posting.

2) My mom is wondering where my impatience comes from. I suggest that it has to do with the feeling of stagnation that has plagued me for at least the last three years. I'm doing nothing. And then I start to do things, and I'm not sure which thing should get priority over which other thing, and then I stop doing all things, including sleeping and going to work on time. The thing I never stop doing is eating. Oh, and drinking. Drunk Julia, however, made not one appearance this weekend.

3) I see that Tag went to that Gris Gris/Yeah Yeah Yeahs show. Man, I saw the Yeah Yeah Yeahs at that stupid fucking...ugh, nevermind. Fucking coastguard. Fucking death.

4) I don't really think I'm impatient. I feel like my quarter-life crisis has been dragging on a little too long now, but I'm not sure what to do about it. Why this makes me snap at my mother for telling me to go to the chiropractor, I just don't know. It's like I'm reverting to being like 15 again, when all of my problems, according to my warped reasoning, could be traced back to my mother. She's right, my back has been hurting for 8 years straight, and learning to ignore it is not the best option. Yeah, I know. OK, can we talk about something else?

5) Maybe I should move to Kansas City. I hear everything's up to date there.

6) Maybe I should invite myself on a cross-country drive with a recent art school graduate. I love the boy, and it's a totally eco car. But I may run the risk of enduring much fake cheese.

7) Maybe I should be a bartender, so that I can socialize for a living. But working opposite hours as all my friends? Can I do that?

8) Whatever happened to my preschool teaching idea? Oh right, I knew I wouldn't really be able to take a real class. I can barely make it to kickboxing and KALX. And there's that whole weighing one thing against another thing: several nights last week, there was a debate in my head over whether kickboxing or KALX was the more worthy pursuit for the evening. Every night, cable won.

9) Maybe I should get a hippy job to which I can ride my bike.

10) And the ever-present dream option: the return of summer vacation!

11) Lists get stupid really quickly sometimes and should not be posted in public places.

No comments: