Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Snack Negating

Dudes. I am tired. I was totally watching the news on Sunday night, and it was all talking about how it takes people a week to recover from the Daylight Savings Awesome Timechange, and I exclaimed, "Come ON! It's an HOUR!!" Well, karma's a bitch, y'all, and the time change is totally draining on me. I love coming home to hours and hours of extra sunshine, don't get me wrong. I've just been staying up at least an hour later than I need to for the past few days.

But then, it might be the warm nights that are making me not sleep. Or the fact that I pretty much only bought snacks from Trader Joe's yesterday, and ate an unhealthy amount of them right before I went to bed. Like hummus and blue cheese dip and an entire bag of frozen edamame. I mean, as far as snacks go, these are totally on the opposite end of the spectrum from, say, Cheetos or Carl's Jr. However, not only do these things turn into fat when you eat them right before your body goes into its nightly rebuilding mode, they also do all sorts of crazy dancing around in your stomach, which wakes up your brain.

I negated all those snacks though, because I went running yesterday, people! Yeah, running! OK, well, it was more like jogging. Very, very slow jogging. And, fine, so I only slow-jogged about a third of the three miles I went, but I still walked at a brisk pace when I wasn't slow-jogging!

When I got back from the high altitudes of Peru in August, I told myself that I had developed Super Lungs from breathing in all that thin Andean air for a month. Super Lungs made me think that I should take up running, because really, Normal Human Lungs were all that were coming between me and swift, graceful deerlike movement before. So, alright, it took me, let's see, seven months to actually act on this plan, so I probably went back to having Normal Human Lungs quite a while ago.

I try to spend as much time as possible at work running up and down the bazillion stairs, so at least I don't have an Exploding Heart. Or so I thought. It did sort of feel like it was going to explode yesterday. But dudes, I ran a whole half mile without stopping and walking. I'm feeling pretty on top of my game.

Hella physical activity + inexplicable cravings for chard = hey, I can eat more cheese than I ever thought possible!

1 comment:

Susie J said...

totally flawless logic, yo.