This morning, for the first time in, like, forever, the first thing that woke me up was my alarm clock. Usually, there's a collection of noises that I'm subconsciously listening for, namely, the sounds of my roommates getting ready for work. I'll hear the fan in the bathroom, the sound of running water, or the more jarring sounds of running up or down the stairs, or the door slamming. Sometimes, no sound at all will wake me up, but something in my brain will suddenly go, "SHIT, WHAT TIME IS IT???" And it'll be like 6am; sometimes I'll react with a "Thanks a lot, brain," but sometimes I'll think, "Sweet, I can go back to sleep for almost 2 more hours!" But this morning, B wasn't home, Z wasn't going to work, and miraculously, I slept all the way to when my alarm started beeping.
Sadly, despite the fact that I enjoyed an uninterrupted 8 hours of sleep, my eye was still twitching this morning. WTF, eye?
What a glorious day it is outside! So sunny and lovely! I hope for beach time this weekend.
Also, Zdank claims to have never gotten lice ever. I seem to remember getting them a few times as a kid, and there would always be "lice checks" at school, when parent volunteers would comb through each child's hair to check for the tiny eggs. Ew. Gross. Zdank also claims never to have been bitten by a tick. I guess that's a little more reasonable. But ew, the last couple times I've been to my parents' house, my dad has had ticks attached to him! Last time, one was on his neck, and the time before, it was on his bellybutton! (He has an outie, so it's fair to say "on" and not "in.") Eeeeewwwww!!! I grew up in wooded areas, we always had a dog, AND my dad has a penchant for making his own "trails" (which generally involves a lot of clambering through bushes) so I guess it makes sense that I've been bitten a few times. I actually knew two people in high school with lyme disease. So yeah, ticks are gross.
1 comment:
i am happy to say i have never had the lice, either. ewwwwwww. nor a tick. but then again, i am a sad-cement-city girl!
Post a Comment