Blogs are dying. Everyone's bored. And then Johnny does this.
So, we got kicked out of Connolly's the other night. I mean, this time it wasn't my fault at all, but the count is rising of bars in the east bay that I can't go to anymore. We were driving there, caravanning with another car, and Zach was already quite drunk and orange-tongued from drinking too many Sparks. We had a dialog that went like this:
Zach: Where are we going?
Me: Connolly's, dude.
Zach: Oooooh, we are going to play many games of pool. We're going to play so much fucking pool. This is going to be awesome!!
....
Zach: Where are we going again?
Me: Connolly's, dude.
Zach: Oh, man, we are going to play SO MUCH FUCKING POOL!! Yeeehhhheeessss....
.....
Zach: Dude, where are we going again?
Me: ...Uh, Connolly's, dude. Are you sure you don't want me to take you home?
Zach: No, dude, we're going to play MANY GAMES OF FUCKING POOL.
So we get there, Zach brings in an outside beverage, as he is wont to do, and is found out. As I watched from afar, all I could tell was that bartendress said something to him, he said something with what was construed as "attitude," and the bartendress asked, "Are you giving me attitude?" Zach muttered something as she walked away, and then followed it up with "bitch," at which point, aforementioned bitch turned back and tried to extricate the pool cue from Zach's grip. An awkward struggle ensued. He was physically removed from the bar.
Jennifer and I looked on this scene with wearied acceptance, made heavy by the sighs of surrogate older-sisterhood. The boys we were with, having met Zach only that night, both sprung into action, having been quickly and tightly wound into coils of brotherhood with our antihero. Jen and I were content in our inertia; she even resumed her game of pool after Zach was forcefully removed. But the boys, they swept us off our feet, out into the street, where they followed us with our jackets and purses, never to return to Connolly's again.
Fin.
No comments:
Post a Comment