When I finished that last post, I already knew. My plans for blowing this popsicle stand were already in place. This was sprung on me at 4:45 on Wednesday, approximately two minutes after we remembered that another case was coming in at five. We only "remembered" this, of course, because people started showing up for said case around this time. I was running around, shoving banker boxes atop ne'er used cabinets (why, exactly, is there a water source in this forgotten corner of the office?), when one of my coworkers tracked me down. Vicki was on the phone.
So they've been calling me a traitor since they found out on Friday. Even one of the judges just called (the one with whom I have wars over punctuation), and when I answered the phone he said, "Hello, traitor! You're going to work with those snobs in the city, huh?" I can only imagine the guilt-trip I would be getting if I had just outright quit.
Yesterday was training. Training with my new Shack-mate! We're developing grand redecoration schemes. Our initials (first and middle, not first and last) are JK and KJ. How perfect. It's going to be the loooooove shack.
No comments:
Post a Comment