Dudes. There's this old abandoned train station at 16th and Wood in WeO. I have, as I've said, been driving home on a different route every day. Or so I claim. And today I stumbled across this station that looks like is must have been very beautiful at one time. What's funny is that when it was built, it was on the shoreline, but with all the landfill that's gone on in the bay, the station is now a mile from the water. The other funny thing is that there's this amazing hyphy video that was filmed inside. Ha. And damn, it looks like I just missed my opportunity to see it transformed into an art gallery. That's what they get for having art shows on freakin' Mothers Day.
I don't know why I'm so into things that are old. In Bologna, there is a library with glass floors so that you can see the Etruscan ruins underneath the building. Of course, I can't find any good pictures, so you'll just have to imagine it. In London, there are Shakespearean kings (I mean like hella Henrys, and also MF'ing Chaucer!) underneath the floors of a certain abbey. These things are totally interesting to me.
And now I turn to O-town for my history fix. Yo, Chapel of the Chimes, anyone? It's like a giant greenhouse filled with people's ashes and exotic looking trees. Today at lunch, I ate with some of the teachers who were talking about the ordeals they'd gone through in burying their parents. One teacher said she put her mother in St. Mary's, because her mother always wanted to be on a hill in Piedmont. And in searching for St. Mary's, look at this creepy website I stumbled upon.
Well, this certainly went in a morbid direction. I didn't mean it, I swear. I was just really into this train station I saw on the way home, and the internet took me this way. While I'm interested in history and junk, I'm much more interested in food. Which is the essence of life. Duh.
1 comment:
Oh my gosh. I can't believe that you're still alive. Oh, not related to this blog comment... or anything else, really. I just assume that when I haven't had direct contact with someone for more than 90 days, they've died. Glad to see that you're still alive... but I mean my life wasn't even on the line. You must be really relieved. Phew.
Post a Comment