Monday, June 11, 2007

The Past Few Days, which gets us nowhere near to being up to date

OK, no, seriously, I've been spending far too much time thinking about things to Yelp. Zdank says this is not a verb, so I'm going to use it as one, on the off-chance that he'll tune in this week.

So, hm, what's been interesting in Juliatown? Let's work backwards, shall we?

1. Went to a BBQ yesterday, at the home of a member of this illustrious Battleship. Saw Marcos, which was ever so lovely. He was wearing this patchwork leather jacket, and he said that it made him feel like Evil Marcos, so he had to wear a red hoodie in between so that Evil Marcos didn't take over. He made me kiss him on the lips approximately 8 times. No tongue, though. Whew. The whole 'Q had such a 'tween feel to it; there was speculation about whether this boy liked my friend, and we were going, "Well, he's wearing her sunglasses...that must mean he likes her!" That was pretty glorious.

2. Saturday, went to go see my dad play at the Fairfax Festival. It's always amusing and weird to see all these people going apeshit for a band that had a local following in the late 70's. Their fans still know all the words and shout them out with some serious zeal. I mean, will the Gris Gris have reunion shows 30 years from now? Does anyone know the words to their songs to begin with? I saw some people I used to know; I may or may not have acted jerky by not acknowledging them. When I got home, I accidentally took a 3 hour nap and missed the housewarming I was supposed to go to. Oops. Went to Lucky 13. Drank beers, despite having yakked mere hours earlier.

3. Went to Whiskey Thieves on Friday for Bonnie's birthday. Drank 4 whiskey sours. I am not a whiskey drinker. Hence aforementioned yakking. Can't drink like we used to, I suppose. Zdank managed to be quite the li'l socializer, while I mostly talked about whether to cut off my hair and how I don't drink like I used to.

4. Went to Le Cheval for the first time on Thursday; fuckin' yum. See Zdank's hilarious review. There is really nothing more to say than FIIIIIIISH. Oh, and Robenstein showed up wearing a grille made of aluminum foil. Watched Trading Places, which I will just never get tired of, for some reason.

5. ... What, you expect me to remember five days back? Are you KIDDING?

6. Stay tuned for my review of "working out." Ha.

2 comments:

Amanda WK said...

but you know what IS a verb? dermitax. don't ask ian, just trust me.

Amanda WK said...

whoa! it knows my name!