Friday, October 26, 2007

Stupid or Stupendous?

I'm very excited for my friends at Sleepwalkers Theatre for getting another stellar review.

I've been eating too much candy, and have developed the particularly healthy habit this week of eating beef jerky and Nerds right before bed. Thus thwarting my attempts at impeccable oral hygiene. But whatev, I'm getting those suckers cleaned in two short weeks. And also, whatev, I totes only eat organic jerky. Hippie.

My mom made me sort through EIGHT banker's boxes of my crap. I had stupidly saved every piece of paper I ever wrote anything on in high school. Admittedly, it was fun to look through years later, but I got rid of all the science and math stuff, and only kept actual papers. I'm of course totally obsessed with reading the nice things teachers wrote about me in the 90s, back when people thought I was smart. Aw.

Also, shit, I was a total smart ass in high school! I seem to have forgotten what an attitude I had. I found this homework assignment that I titled "Grifo's STUPID Homework Assignment That He Made Us Turn In On Vacation." Like, I turned it in with that scrawled across the top of the page! Grifo, the teacher, changed "stupid" to "stupendous" and "vacation" to "field trip" before he gave it back to me. I was that much of a smart ass halfway through my freshman year! I can't believe he even accepted my homework with that smart-assery written on it. And when I graduated, he wrote in my yearbook that I was in his top 1% of people. Aw.

I've been going out on weeknights again! I didn't think it was taking a toll on me, but it totally is! My eyes and brain are very sleepy! I was feeling like a lame homebody, being all in love with my new apartment, and settling for watching a movie at home on a Friday night. I feel good and alive going out on weeknights, and I've also been pretty good about not drinking too much and getting home by midnight. Ish.

Self-medicating has been helping me sleep through the night better. Which is nice indeed.

Um...

But I'm still sleepy. I need to lube up my brain. What do I need for that?

1 comment:

roslyn said...

let's go out during the week sometime. does friday count as the week?

mmmmmm. nerds.


also -- i aspire to 14-year-old julia's smart-assedness.