I don't know, it seems like whenever I log in to write something, all I can come up with is a list. This one has no theme, and maybe if I blogged more, each of these items would receive proper treatment in its own entry, but that is just not the case, so...
1) This car alarm goes off of my street every time a loud car drives by. Dude, if you KNOW that's going to happen every time a loud card drives by, wouldn't you just turn the shit off?
2) There also seems to be a car horn or something that plays the Godfather theme every morning at 8:41. You know those car horns that play La Cucaracha? This one plays the Godfather theme! Well, I'm not entirely sure it's a car horn, but it's loud enough to be one, and it's surely not a string section. It's very strange that it happens at exactly the same time every morning.
3) I finally went to the chiropractor, and I think I'm in love! I left the place in such a good mood! The guy is a total hippie: he told me to start taking flax seed oil, he knows where Woodacre is, he seems kind of against The Pill, AND he made the off-handed remark, "Well, that's Mercury in retrograde for you!" While my shoulders are still tender, my back has felt amazing, and I'm looking forward to a long and fruitful relationship with the doc.
4) Meanwhile, of course, my mom is going, "You should have a podiatrist make your orthotics, not a chiropractor! A chiropractor is not a real doctor, you know. What, do they crack your back because it sounds cool, like they're actually doing something?" Whatever, as long as she's shelling out the money, I'll tolerate her yammering. Just kidding Mom, I love you. But seriously, the difference between a massage and a visit to Chirotown cannot be exaggerated. Like, whoa.
5) I'm not making enough money, and oh, I'm having some major guilt about even thinking about looking for a new job. My boss is really a good person, and I feel like we get along pretty well for the most part, it's just frustrating that whenever she asks me to do something, I have to ask like at least 3 clarifying questions to figure out what exactly she wants me to do. They really seem to want to invest in me here, which is great, but working in West Oakland is not great. Dealbreaker came to meet me at work the other day, and as he was walking up from BART, some guys told him that he shouldn't walk around here unless he wants to get "X'ed out". Yeah, see why I drive every day instead of mass transing? And, you know, now that my rent has nearly doubled, and now that I'm planning to work some regular chiropractoring into my budget, getting paid more sounds really good. I miss working in SF too. I miss being a total materialist whore and going to the Ferry Building (FB!) on my lunch break to buy a $40 butter dish for my mom (what? it was Italian, OK?).
5) But I'm really enjoying my little library project. And the fact that my boss can't get her home computer to work, so our IT guys are going to her house this morning to fix it.
6) I'm ALSO really enjoying America's Most Smartest Model in conjunction with America's Next Top Model. ANTM has taken a total dive in quality, and AMSM is sort of filling the void for me. The Russian male model is my favorite person ever. And Tivo is my favorite inanimate object.
No comments:
Post a Comment