Thursday, November 08, 2007

eNostalgia

So, my domestic partner is currently obsessed with CrazyBlindDate.com, which I agree is total genius. I told her that I've been following the online career of the dudes who started this site, who previously created OkCupid and TheSpark. I was obsessed with TheSpark my freshman year in college -- all of its "science" projects and quizzes! -- and today I was doing a little internet-poking-around, and found that although SparkNotes was evilly purchased by Barnes'n'Noble, TheSpark is not entirely dead! SparkNotes' current website gives me a detailed history, and Wikipedia gives me a bunch of links to some of the old science projects. And man, SparkNotes even has some of the old quizzes...but they're not as good without the old graphics. Man, the Wayback Machine has even preserved The Ol' Spark for posterity. Sigh.

Is it weird to get nostalgic about a website?

1 comment:

Susie J said...

It certainly is NOT weird. Sometimes I fantasize about a relationship with google. Now that's strange.

And for the record, I now have a google calendar of my upcoming dates available on my blog.