Friday, November 30, 2007

Hella Sneezy

I've been emailing myself samples of my writing from work, in an attempt to build a portfolio that will give me the cred to get some freelance writing jobs, because I'm tired of being broke all the time. I realized last night that what I should have been doing this whole time was saving the original, ruh-tarded drafts of the proposals I make coherent, and doing a sort of before-and-after thing. Like, "Hey, you can start with a ridiculous thing that doesn't make any sense, and I can make you some complete sentences! Ta-da!" But what I usually do at work is the opposite: I save my draft on my hard-drive so that I can remember how coherent it was before the Nun got her hands on it. Sigh.

I been hella sneezy today!

So, my cousins came to Thanksgiving this year, making this (I think) the first year that the "kids" outnumbered the "grown-ups"...except that the only real kids there were 15 and 17, and everyone else was 23 and up. Anyway, my girlcousin and I are both 26, so I started comparing wrinkles with her. I totally have more even though she's 8 months older!! Clearly she takes after her dad who somehow managed not to develop any grey hairs until his mid-50's, thus sparking a rumor that he was hitting the Grecian formula pretty hard. I, however, have already sprouted a few greys. I always told myself I'd be one of those cool middle aged women who goes silver with pride...but now I'm reconsidering. Strongly.

I was trying to explain to my DP what I was doing at work today, and actually found a handy little graphic that illustrates it perfectly. I [heart] the intreenets.

1 comment:

Susie J said...

hmmm I don't remember that graphic and now the links dead. I