Well...joining LinkedIn has been interesting. It's the first social networking site that I've actually told my mom to join. She was like, "I'm not a professional! Why would I want to join? I don't have any colleagues." I told her that my godmommy is on it, and that my mom could use it to find out which of my friends have more interesting-sounding job titles than I have. For a couple years, I've been feeling like everyone is Chandler from Friends; remember how all the characters could name each other's jobs, except Chandler's? (No? Maybe because you don't own the boxed set, mkay?)
Anyway, it's very interesting to see my friends' actual job titles; I wonder how many are euphemisms like mine. And I'm realizing that it really is important to keep up those business contacts, years after you've left jobs. It's lucky that I still drink with one of my former supervisors.
I sat in on some interviews at work today, which made me feel a little bit like a big important person who has the word "Director" in her title (which I do not, unlike everyone else who sat at the table) and a little bit like the ED senses that I might be a tiny bit bored at work and is trying to keep me entertained. The first interviewee also made me feel a little jaded and old and sell-outy because she was so young and idealistic and full of energy. Ah well. So I'm gonna sell out. So I'll finally have money to donate to the BFC and KALX!
Dang, I'm tired. I'd bet that this thing will be totes typo-laden by the time I'm done, but I'd have to bet cat hair instead of money.
Dudes, guess what? I effing finally downloaded Firefox. Now Jen & Zdank can shut up about it. Jeez. So now I have tabs. Yaaaaaaaaaay.
OK, it is pretty cool. Everything looks sort of shiny and new now. And I do like tabs.
2 comments:
it took you THIS LONG to download firefox?
and
no one's ever called me minimalist before. (blushing)
SERIOUSLY!!!
it was about freaking time.
Post a Comment