Well, clearly I have been neglecting the internet as a whole. The whole Best Buy fiasco has been taking up a lot of my time. Word to the wise: do NOT shop there. And if you do, and if your purchase results in a trip to the Geek Squad, be prepared to make many trips and calls to the store before you get what you want. I found that it helps to have tits and a vaguely threatening-looking dude with tattoos of zombies with you. I mean, really, Best Buy, if you're getting sued for $54 million for losing some lady's lappy, shouldn't you try just a tiny bit harder not to incur any more lawsuits?
But you know, in the end, I ended up getting 50 more gigs than I had in the first place, which was kind of exciting, and kind of what I hoped would happen. I'm just not sure how to incorporate that happy ending into my hysterically irate Yelp review. It was just so strange, it started like every other visit I've made to that damn store, where I handed some dumbass my paperwork, only to have him wander away for like five minutes. Only this time, he came back and told me to go pick out a new iPod. I mean, a mini-fiasco ensued, so it wasn't totally out of sync with the rest of the saga, but still. A happy ending!
The time I have been spending on the internet has been taken up with scouring of Craigslist and Indeed and Idealist. I was talking to Zdank the other day about the impending death of my vehicle, and he asked me what me plan is to get a new car. I was like, "Uh, get a new job?" Meaning one that would pay me enough so that I could add car payments onto my list of expenses without giving myself anxiety dreams about collection agencies or something. Right now I only have anxiety dreams about work.
Have you noticed how much more quickly time moves as we get older? At this point in my last job, I felt like I had been working there for an eternity; at my current job I still feel like it's my new job. Might have something to with the complete impossibility of ever getting a complete grasp of what I'm expected to do. Constant second guessing really gives the poor ol' brain a workout. Old people really need to just retire. And throw away all the crap on their desks.
I bought CDs yesterday for the first time in for-fucking-ever, which was fun. I totally experienced that thing that always used to happen where I'd show up at Amoeba and go, "Shit, I know there was music I really wanted to get, and now I can't remember what it was." That's why compulsive downloading was so much better for me. Ah, the glory days of Napster, how I miss you. Only seven Weird Al songs remain on my compy to remind me of that beautiful time.
No comments:
Post a Comment