Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Does he really think this passes for charming?

Dude. Really? Last night, I got this message on OkCupid:

Subject: Popcorn

I just wanted to say the word "Popcorn" to you because I can bet that no guy has ever said POPcorn to you before online. I wanted to be the first.

Hm. You're right. And that's totally on the list of every girl's romantic fantasies. Roses and Paris and diamonds...and some guy saying "popcorn" to you on the internet. Right.

So this afternoon he follows up with this gem:

Subject: You hear it a lot

I won't tell you that you are sexy and hot because every guy has told you that over and over again. You are bored with all of that now.
I can tell you are a lot more, you wrote enough. :)

I don't even...I mean, how am I supposed to respond to that? OK, maybe I'm being harsh, and maybe I would be much more charmed if this guy were, say, hot and not 39 years old. Maybe I'm being overly judgmental, and I should take a look at his profile before I dismiss this dude.

No, I can judge him based on his spelling too, because he spells judgmental like this: Jugemental. How meta is it to judge someone based on their spelling of the word judgmental? HELLA.

No comments: