I've been sick now for several days. This is my excuse for sleeping until 3pm on Thursday and 1pm on Friday and for being a member of the waking dead for most of today. Somewhere in the midst of all this sleeping, Jakey J****** came to me in a dream. I miss that guy. The dream took place at a BART station, but somehow the trains were all mixed up with rollercoasters, so the station had places where you could get on a normal BART train, or get on some crazy ride. The station reminded me of the line for the Grizzly. All wooden and stuff. And really confusing. I was trying to get on the Richmond line, but ended up looking around bewildered. Jesse from work was there. So was that Jordan guy. Not Jordie, Jordan. I heard he lost a lot of weight after high school. In the dream, I had really missed him too, but in real life, I wouldn't go so far as to say that there is a Jordan-shaped void in my life. D*****. Jordan D*****. That was his name. I'd rather see Jakey.
Anyway, I had a plethora of thoughts to express to y'all earlier, but they've left me. Xmas was fairly lovely. Social hiatus was good. I didn't talk to anyone for like 4 days. I saw The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou. Surpassed all expectations, let me tell you. I have also never eaten so much ham in my life.
Xmas III (yesterday) was great, as I got to play with my 2 and 4 year old boy cousins. We played trains. It was awesome. But I was reminded again of the extreme level of domesticity of my brother and his gf, who looks lovely in the earrings I bought her, by the way.
New Year's Eve was aiight; I took a lot of DayQuil and went small-party hopping. It reminded me of my Stebbins days, rolling up to a party and tripling the attendance because there were only six people there to begin with. We all ended up back at my house watching New Year's Rockin' Eve with Regis (Regis??) while one attendee ate our crappy salsa with affected zeal. I've never heard someone repeat "Fuckyeah!!!" so many times in quick succession. Not in reference to tortilla chips that were ostensibly dipped in crappy salsa anyway.
And Jen's back, which is great. But she thinks she's gonna move to Portland next week. Hm. And fuck, Zach's new haircut from Joelle really stole the show. I took approximately 8,000 pictures of Zach, trying to capture his boss style on New Year's Eve. Mauve blazer. Sparkly plaid shirt. Side part. Glorious. And Joelle got some pretty awesome snowboarding boots out of Kingman's freepile.
New Year's Day was lovely. Ro and D and Galina and I went to "breakfast" (I've gotten so old that I refuse to call it breakfast if it was after 1pm!), and then walked around Lake Chabot. La la la. D reminded me that I'm not funny. New Year's resolution #1: be funny. New Year's resolution #2: shut up.
And Tom-Tom turned 25 on New Year's Day. Twenty fuckin' five. I talked to him for a while in the middle of the night. He was watching some movie. I think we were both stoned. There was a 2-hour time difference. Every time I mention Tom, D gets all accusatory and asks who Tom is. I'm always like, "You know, Tom. That guy that you always ask me who he is. Not Tom D'no." And she always responds with, "But who is he?" He's Tom. He's on my goddamned wall.
And oh my god, you anonymous commentators drive me nuts! A lady never reveals her private email correspondences, gawd! If you know me at all, you know I'm kidding, of course. I'm just not gon' dish the dirt in public. But I'm all for a copy and paste if you effin' reveal yo'self.
Yesterday, I was called a gossip and conniving. By two different people. And actually, I was telling the person who called me conniving about the person who called me a gossip and had a sad realization. I was called a gossip SECONDHAND, no less. THAT'S beautiful. The person who called me conniving apologized, and admitted that he's just paranoid. But it sorta made me want to start being conniving. You know, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
And I'm reading Eats, Shoots and Leaves right now, so I've been totally punctuation-happy. Not more so than I usually am, I guess. But perhaps I'm spending more time basking in the warm glow of the semicolon.
5 comments:
you are not funny.
-d
"person," ha. don't you think anthropomorphisizing your paranoid delusions is going a bit far? and you ARE a gossip, how do expect people not to talk about that fact behind your back? bounty killer's toast on sleng teng is the shit. and no, i don't have any idea what i'm talking about, either.
Please excuse Mr. Dinkmeyer, he is still drunk from last night.
i love dink. i really, really love dink. more than anybody else. i'm serious! i wish i could give him a big hug every time i see him but he's never sober enough to care. so i don't. *sniff* "and maybe therein is the attraction," you thinks. but you be wrong. dink is just always on your team. you can't hope for more than that.
i just want to say that dink's blog is clearly better than your blog. or rather, it has the potential to be much better. dink's blog is clearly underachieving. yours is, well, anyway. i think i'm going to post comments about dink's blog right here because he doesn't allow anonymous posts on his. why would that be? how silly!
Post a Comment