Sunday, May 01, 2005

the best thing ever

I think the best thing ever might be watching my parents' puppy (who is suddenly becoming remarkably dog-sized) play with a plastic water bottle. I took Margaux to the waterfalls behind my parents' house today so that she could go for a swim, and so I could get all hott and sweaty and covered in dog mud. Check, check, check and check. She's got an endless supply of dogergy. While I trudge along the trail, she charges ahead, then looks back, concerned at my lack of progress, and then gallops back to me, only to barrell down the trail again. So we get to the little pool where my dad takes her to swim, and she dutifully swam a couple doggie laps. Shortly thereafter, she discovered the water bottle I left on the ground, which quickly became her favorite thing in the world. Her jaws have only recently grown big enough to fit around it, so she would carry it off, chew on it, drop it, chase it into the creek, carry it off, chew on it, drop it, chase it into the creek...on and on for about half an hour. This was fucking awesome.

No comments: