Friday, August 11, 2006

A bazillion times

Oh man, I totally stayed up until 3:30am last night watching The Adventures of Pete & Pete! Youtube is the fucking devil, I swear to God! Thankfully, there is only one complete episode on youtube, and thankfully, it's an episode that features both Chris Elliott AND Bebe Neuwirth. Bebe Neuwirth? How did she end up on Pete & Pete?

I also went to the Battleship/Gris Gris show, which was truly excellent. I was totally chastised for going AND for paying $12 to see bands I've supposedly seen a bazillion times, but I'd say it was worth every penny. Really, I haven't seen either band in about a year, and they've both gotten so much attention in that year. Battleship was on the cover of some weekly, and the Gris Gris opened for the fuckin Yeah Yeah Yeahs. I mean, dude! Yeah, I used to see them for $5, and the jump to $7 is big enough, let alone the jump to $12. But they rocked. In new and exciting ways. Boo yah. I should have worn my Boo Yah shirt even, it was that boo yah. I didn't get to say hi to Daniel or Oscar, because I have no patience for being 37th in line to do so. I like to pretend I'm not a total scenester.

Writing on this thing for the first time in months made me think, "Hm, what's up with the folks over at sexpigeon?" Well, I'll tell you what's up: a new layout. I like the color scheme, but the organization is off somehow, I feel. I like that it has this sort of brown Shel Silverstein-y quality to it. Or really the quality of a book of kids' poetry from the late 80's, so either Shel Silverstein or that other guy who wrote The New Kid on the Block, before the "band" existed. Jack Prelutsky. I'm thinking about standing by the BART station and waiting to run into Tag just to tell him what I think. Cuz he totally cares.

Sitting at home on a Friday is great, because while I read on the front porch, I can watch the garbage get picked up. Sadly, it appears that all our separating is for naught, and the yard waste goes in the same giant bin as the rest of the garbage. Fantastic. I hope I saw that wrong. It's possible that my eyes may not work. And suddenly I have a lot of hair with which to obscure them. That could have been it.

I should really get a job. Or go on a road trip to Seattle with my brother.

No comments: