Monday, September 11, 2006

FutureSexyBackHomoTastic!

Ah, having a bunch of flaming 'mos for friends is just the best. I've had two verrrry serious conversations recently about whether or not Justin Timberlake's new single, SexyBack is a good song. After much deliberation, my verdict is this: right now I find it pretty annoying, but I can see how it could grow on me. My problem is that I totes love Justified; the whole fuckin' album is just pure pop genius. I also find many moments in SexyBack that are perfect for making fun of, which always makes a song grow on me. For example, on Madonna's Confessions on a Dancefloor, there is this terrible song, I Love New York. The lyrics are ridiculous. I mean, she rhymes "New York" with "dork", and "eff off" with "golf"! It's so bad! But I kind of love it because a) it's so easy to make fun of and b) it reminds me of driving around New York City with Sammy and laughing hysterically about how bad the song was. I can see something like this happening with SexyBack. All it takes is a good memory of making fun of the song. And I do totes love the line, "get your sexy on." Sexy has finally become a noun! JT can do that!

For the love of god, if you haven't read this website yet, do it. It keeps this unemployed girl hella entertained. That, and all my hott lunchdates with Johnny Ro, chopping wood for my parents, schmoozing with the lady at the temp agency, and keeping in constant e-contact with at least 9 of my friends at all times. Phew. It's a busy life.

Seriously, though, I have the best fucking friends ever. I'm down to my last three dollars; I haven't been this dirt poor in years! And my friends keep buying me food and drinks! They want to go out, I hesitate due to lack of funds, and they're like, "Whatever, I'll get you." I guess years of buying people drinks really pays off big time. Nobody knows you when you're down and out? Lies! Everyone seems to know me, and they want to buy me stuff!

And now for the hilarious story of the weekend: I went to a party of a friend of a friend of a friend. Of course, I'm so cool, I run into a couple people I know there, including this guy I picked up at Thelassa something like four years ago. It was a particularly dark and dismal chapter in my life, and I used the retarded pick-up line, "Is that a scarf? Oh, ha ha, that's a sweatshirt around your neck! I thought it was a scarf! Ha ha!" It's a wonder I talked him into walking me home. We exchanged numbers after that sordid night, only he didn't actually have a phone, so he would call me from random numbers all the time. I, being new to the whole cellphone thing, hadn't developed the charming habit of ignoring almost all of my calls, so I would answer, only to come up with some idiotic excuse for getting off the phone. And we evidently run in parallel social circles [wait, circles can't be parallel! pfft, whatev!], because now I see this guy about once a year, at a party or a bar, and always get all nervous and pretend I don't know him. This time, I was drunk enough to confront him. As we were leaving, I made eye contact with him and he waved, and I waved back, and then I walked over and we had a little dialog that went like this:

Me: "Anthony?"

A [looking puzzled]: "Yeah..."

Me [reaching out for handshake]: "I'm Julia, I met you about four years ago."

A [clutching my hand in both of his]: "Yeah?"

Me: "Yeah, at Thelassa."

A: "Oh yeah, I was around there for a little while I guess..."

Me: "Well, I just wanted to make sure it was you and that I'm not crazy. OK, bye!"

So, all this time I've been thinking that every time I ran into him, he recognized me, and that I was being a jerk by not acknowledging him, but it turns out that he didn't even remember me. Gawd. And he looked so cute, too! Why did I blow him off again?

Ha, my life is hilarious!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey do you have a my space account? forrest

Harpie said...

yeah, but i'm not so into posting it here. look me up!

Tommaso Sciortino said...

Cool site. I live in OTown too. You me and Crazy mark should hang out sometime. Keep in Touch.