Katastic has gotten herself a new blog! Well, "new" as in "July," so, perhaps "newish" would be the word. But, as I told Kat, in comment form, I'm so glad that some people are still utilizing Blogger even though a) Blogging is so totally over and b) most people who still blog seem to be on LJ. There is this total LJ network! People on LJ maintain their profiles, and comment on each other's LJs with great frequency, and are quick to inform you of their mood and what music they're listening to. Me, I'm a little cranky, but in a light-hearted-well-whatcha-gonna-do kind of way, and I'm listening to 5158 songs on random. It went from Annie to Apples in Stereo to Milt Jackson. God, I'm so effing eclectic.
Speaking of God, I always find other people's mentions of that dude a little jarring. I was reading a friend's blog (a Mac blog, wha??) and she said something about how God wouldn't give her more than she could handle. And I was thinking, "Whoa, I always forget that there are people other than crazy gun-lovin', abortion-hatin' zealots who believe in that dude!" There's nothing wrong with faith and spirituality; I just find that most people I associate with identify either as atheists or Agnostics. Or some bullshit like Taoist or Buddhist, even though they're totally attached to their worldly possessions. Hey, Siddhartha, get back to me when you've gone ascetic, OK? Thanks.
Also, I have to say that I don't hate Sufjan. I dislike him in theory, because that's the thing to do these days, but some of his songs are undeniably good and listenable. Detroit, Lift Up Your Weary Head! just came on the shuff', and I like it. I like it, OK? Maybe not all 8:20 of it, but for the first 3 minutes, it's pretty good. Not many songs are allowed to be more than 4 minutes long, I say. Mingus' Haitian Fight Song and Alice Cooper's Black Juju being notable exceptions, of course. (I will fucking barf all over myself if Ian reads that because he totally introduced me to both of those songs. And he hates Sufjan. And whoa, I just sat through all 8:20 of that Detroit song without skipping any of it!)
Wow, upon spell-checking, I discovered that Blogger doesn't recognize the words "blogger" or "blog." What's the opposite of meta?
1 comment:
ian is a smart man. and i think it's still meta, at least by your extremely loose usage. ha, extremely loose. i fucking kill.
Post a Comment