Life: endlessly entertaining. I've been riding this hormonal roller coaster for the past few months due to having gone off the pill for the first time in nine years only to go back on a mere two months later. Stupid lack of health insurance. I totally broke down the other night about how I don't know what to do with my life and blah blah blah...but then, in the morning, looking at the blister pack with eight pills missing, I realized, "Hey! Your life's just fine! You are doing good things for small children, and your friends are wonderful and like to buy you shoes!"
I just licked my spoon, and it tasted so metallic.
I'm also a little worried about carpal tunnel today. I spent a long time yesterday playing with an Excel spreadsheet...for kind of no good reason. But, all that mouse clicking, and now my arm hurts. Still! From yesterday!
I spent some QT with the Robe last night. We watched Capote, and I have to say, I was not all, "Oh shit! More Oscars for this fine film!" I mean, OK, I missed the first half hour, but I was told that not much happened. But the whole time, I kept feeling like I was missing something. I kept asking if it was something that had been covered in the first 30 minutes, and I kept being reassured that, no, I hadn't really missed anything. But didn't it seem like a lot of things were skipped over? I also came away from it feeling like Truman must have been a real douche. I ALSO asked both the Robe and the Spence if they'd seen The Talented Mr. Ripley, and neither of them had. WTF?? For real? I recalled that I walked out of the movie theater after TMR, sat down on the curb with Matty B., and we both were just dazed. It was either that or The Thin Red Line. I saw both of them with Matty (and Rose came with us to at least one, if not both) at the same theater around the same time (OK, maybe a year apart, whatev), and we had similar "whoa" reactions to both. I don't even usually go in for the kind of movie that Thin Red Line is, but it struck me somehow. Robe hadn't seen that one either.
Anyway, point being: Philip Seymour Hoffman is a fine actor (yeah, I know he's not in The Thin Red Line, I just got side-tracked, OK?). Total creep in TMR, which is odd since he's not the killer. And aw, he was so sad in Boogie Nights! But not as sad as William H. Macy. God, I love Marky Mark.
Wait...what were we talking about? The nun abandoned me to go to San Mateo all morning so needless to say, I totally can't focus because there are all these things I want to do on the internet while she's not looking over my shoulder.
Anyway, Tag, I thought this was really funny, I don't really feel like leaving a comment on Le Sex Pigeon (though I'm admittedly kind of excited that I just realized that I can!), so I'll just direct people to where they can do so, if they so desire. I've been feeling a little out of the loop re: the Pidge lately, and not amused by much there, but this I liked.
Hm, I guess I should make it look like I did some work while the nun was gone...where's my gluestick?
No comments:
Post a Comment