God, Ci, you're so right. I've been neglecting the blog for like 11 days, which is totally not cool.
But I have a question for you, dear readers: why do you people insist on googling Tom D'no so effing much?? Tom, are you just googling yourself? I mean, really, who doesn't do that, but I don't think it's Tom over and over again. It's interesting that this blog makes up two of the nine search results. I can't even think of the last time I saw Tom D'no. I would hazard a guess that it's been something like two years. I saw Simran on Friday night, and she guessed that it had been about two years since I'd seen her, too. And Pancakes, wow, her hair looked glorious. Was that two years of growth?
It can't have been that long.
But life moves quickly, especially when you're lying (or, fuck, is it laying?) in bed hitting snooze over an over again. That hour and a half can go by exceptionally quickly. And being half asleep, you can come up with amazing rationalizations for sleeping just four minutes more, four minutes more, four minutes more. Funny, since I planned to be here at 8:30 so I could leave at 5. Ha! Why on earth would I ever get up earlier than I absolutely had to? Today, my excuse was, "Eh, the nun's not even coming in today." Of course, when I arrived, she was here. With her door closed. Which means that she was probably talking to the temp agency about whether she plans on actually hiring me. Wanting desperately to shirk responsibility, I'm half hoping that they choose not to so that I can temp, so that I could say, "You know, I don't really feel like working on Mondays ever, so can you just not give me work on Mondays?" What a wonderful thing to be able to say. I could also say, "Hey, I'll need every other Wednesday off so I can take Grandma to get her nails did. Mkay?"
This most recent weekend was one of those weekends that seemed simultaneously to be the longest and shortest weekend ever.
I've been writing "totesally" a lot, completely accidentally.
2 comments:
Jules, you're totes my favorite.
You really want the nun to take you on permanently?
how could i forget Girls Night 2007? It's on!
Post a Comment