Monday, February 12, 2007

Is this letter really that spongeworthy?

Now, tell me honestly, and don't spare my feelings: would you ever apply the word "beautiful" to the following letter? Because the person upon whose behalf I wrote this did. I mean, gawd, I'm not even sure that I composed the previous sentence correctly. And I found a typo after we sent it. Ha ha! I am so profesh. No wonder everyone wants me writing their cover letters.

Dear Lady from Organization Which Will Go Unnamed at Present,

On behalf of all of our staff and families at [the place I work], we are looking forward to participating in the [aw, sharing books with kids] program as a way to augment our early literacy resources. We understand that the program provides materials and training so that we can engage the families of our children in spending time reading and sharing books together.

Since [a long time ago], [the place I work] has provided exemplary and comprehensive programs for toddlers, Pre-K, and a licensed Kindergarten, as well as family services to those in greatest economic need in the heart of [the ghetto]. We currently serve 220 children; approximately half of these children are learning English as their second language. These children particularly would benefit from the [aw, reading] program.

During our [almost a billion] years of operation, the families and children have changed and teaching philosophies have matured, but the mission of the [place I work] has remained constant: to provide quality child care and child development services to those in greatest need while offering family services in which children and youth are nurtured and educated, and their parents supported in meeting parental responsibilities. For more information on [where I work], please visit our website at www.[haha, yeah right].org.

As we continue to build upon our long history of services to low-income, at-risk families, we are committed to creating educational opportunities for our children and their families. It is our goal to offer our families a wide variety of services that will increase the readiness of the children to enter school with the necessary skills and motivation to succeed. The [aw, reading] program will be instrumental in helping us to meet this goal.

Please feel free to contact me if you have questions, or if you need any additional information about our program.

Sincerely,


[Someone Who Is Not Me
But Who Also Didn't Take Credit for Writing This]

...God, I'm so bored at work today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I'd use the word beautiful, but to be fair I reserve that descriptive primarily for evening gowns and hot bods. Professionally speaking, though, this sh-t IS eloquent as f-ck. I would also like to commend you on your commitment to protecting the identity of your agency [and especially love your use of the square bracket]. If you'd like more info on this, find it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bracket.