So, I was sitting at the Hut last night with Jen and Zach when they both decided to go outside and smoke. Martyr that I am, I volunteered to sit alone and babysit the beers. But of course I also had to be like, "MAN! I WISH I hadn't left my magazines in the car!" Jen offered to let me read her journal, and Zach was like, "Don't you post all that online anyway?" She tried to tempt me by saying that her journal contained a list of everyone she's ever slept with; I didn't really feel like that was much of a secret. So I was like, "Fine, I'll just write in my stupid calendar, jerks."
And this is what I wrote:
"There is only so much you can read about childhood obesity before you want to make soda & videogames illegal. And there is only so much you can read about child development before you start thinking about your own future parenting skills.
"New Year's Resolution: be patient. I opened the door for a woman at the bank yesterday and she seemed to bubble over with joy. Maybe an exaggeration, but she still seemed really happy about it."
And then Lauren walked in, in a very cute sweater, and we drank beer. And then the guy from the bookstore with the amazing little duckie earrings and mad scientist hair walked in. Jen and I should have said hello, or bought him a drink, since we almost broke the counter in his bookstore by hoisting ourselves onto it to get a better look at his shoes.
Um, oops.
1 comment:
what a good day that was
Post a Comment