Friday, April 11, 2008

Yep, procrastinating

Working from home is totally delightful, except for the fact that I don't get much of anything done. I think I've figured out that I have a limited amount of time each morning during which I can be productive, and that once I leave the house for any duration, I'm totes done for. I spent 20 minutes in the late, late morning driving around Downtown O looking for parking, and now that I'm back, I'm like, "Meh, grant proposal, meh." I'm working on it, just not with the fervor of this morning.

But going to Downtown O made me feel, again, that it's so much more alive than people give it credit for. It totally annoyed me, for some reason, yesterday when I saw something at the SFMOMA that said that San Francisco is the oldest city west of the Mississippi. I was like, f'real? Oakland and SF grew up side by side, and Oakland was long seen as the respectable family town as compared to SF's rowdy, drunken Gold Rush city. But yeah, OK, maybe SF was founded first. Whatever. I'm not in the mood for expounding. But this is the kind of shit that makes me want to go back to school and study local history. And then become a historian. Who is never able to pay back her mountains of student loans. Maybe not the best idea.

For reference, here's the last Ask A Bitch column I wrote; the first two responses were all me, baby.

It's taking a lot of will power to drink coffee instead of beer right now. Sigh. Life's so hard.

1 comment:

Ciana said...

no, dude, you're SUPPOSED to have those bumps! they're not bunions!! if you've got 'em, love them...wrist bumps are the new...uh, hump?