How awesome was last night, y'all?? Wow. I went grocery shopping in the early evening, when the electoral count was 77 Obama and 34 McCain and I felt like I could leave the computer for a little while. I almost bought champagne, but then decided that that might jinx it. It was amazing how amped everyone at TJ's was at like 6pm as the results were starting to come in. The checkers were all demanding updates on which states had gone blue. My favorite thing about this election has been how excited and invested people have been. And now it's how everyone in the streets was honking and screaming all effing night!
I'm really wondering what everyone's going to talk about now. The Daily Show election special kind of addressed this, with Rob Riggle stumbling onto the stage shell shocked, and inexplicably pantsless. Scroll ahead to minute 43 to watch John Stewart calling the election! It was pretty great to watch that happen on Comedy Central. I'm sure it was way better than CNN and its stupid holograms. I [heart] Anderson Cooper and everything, but John Stewart > Anderson Cooper like big time. It's a Silver Foxxx Off!
Today I made friends with the bean girl at Peet's because she's also taking nursing school prereq's. She asked how my day was and I was like, "My class got canceled, so GREAT!" Sadly I have to go back to lab in about an hour. But it's brain-dissecting day! Gross! Fun!!
And yesterday in phyiology, we got to play with our own blood! My hematocrit is like 41% because I'm like hella full of RBCs, dudes. It also sorta seemed like my blood type was B+. I always thought it was O+, so I called my mom to ask her after school. She said that I was O+ and my brother is B+, and then admitted that she may have had it backwards for the past 24 years. Jeez, Mom. I wonder if she even knows my birthday (which is in 17 days, fyi).
Also my apartment is effing FREEZING, but I'm totally being all dad about it and not letting anyone turn the heater on. I'm pretty sure that tonight will be the night I break down though because OMFG, it's the middle of the afternoon and it's ARCTIC IN HERE.
No comments:
Post a Comment