I've been doing a fair amount of making out in the street lately. I feel like I'm getting back to my makeout roots. When I first moved into STB, in January 2000, I immediately secured a reputation for being the girl who made out "in the gutter." (It was totally not the gutter; it was the sidewalk, gawd.) And lately it's been pressed up against cars. I've been complaining for years about how making out has disappeared and been replaced with stickin' it in. It's not that I take issue with stickin' it in; I just really like making out. This weekend was particularly juvenile. I had a harrowing experience riding on a bicycle while someone else pedaled. My whole body is still sore, two days later, from holding on for dear life.
We finally got a "new" record player! Zach & Jen found it yesterday at the yard sale across the street, when my headache was too excruciating for me to get off the couch. They paid a whopping $3 for it! It's a Pioneer from the 70s! Exactly what I wanted! Today we took it to the Sound Well, and bought it a brand new factory belt. It works and it's wonderful. Graham told us last night that it was ridiculous to bother to ground it, but today we determined that he was wrong when Tupelo Honey was buzzing like a mofo.
I had a string of ex-bf dreams last week. I don't know why. This was after the night during which I had back to back preggo dreams; in the first, I was just huge with baby, but in the second I had to get some kind of crazy abortion that required me to get CUT OPEN, kind of like in that dream that Huggy Bear had about me a couple years ago. I woke up and my stomach hurt.
But most important, I went to lunch with John Michael Rosenberg a couple Fridays ago. We went to Saul's, and we had such a lovely time. I always tell him all kinds of crazy shit that I should not, and he never tells me much of anything. He just encourages and/or mocks my self-involvement, depending on which is most appropriate. Sometimes I just need an attractive older man to put me in my place, I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment