I'm a little down on myself today. Well, I don't know if that describes it accurately. I had this assignment last week about self-disclosure that involved making a Johari Window. So, I had to ask people close to me what they knew about my personality that I did not. Apparently, my dad thinks I'm jealous of my brother, my brother thinks I'm more like my mom than I realize, and my mom thinks I have bad taste in men. That first one I think is wrong, the second I'm sure is true, and that last one is the one I'm stuck on.
I feel sometimes that I have a total inability to judge the character of dudes I'm involved with. It's like a total crap shoot, and it's a shitty feeling to not be able to trust yourself. I think I've dated some awesome, stand-up guys out of pure luck, and gotten hung up on some total twats out of pure stupidity. So, this dude I'm kinda sorta seeing right now seems totally rad, but am I missing something? Should the fact that he has a propensity for saying the right thing at the right time be a good sign or a red flag?
Of course, in all likelihood, none of this will even matter in a couple months, since I'm probably uprooting myself.
Another contributing factor is that I was totally unproductive this weekend, and am now putting off grocery shopping, vacuuming, researching scholarships and writing about microorganisms. Four day weekend! You know, if I could just make myself get some shit done, I'm sure I'd feel better. And yet here I am blogging. So, maybe this is more of a general not-on-top-of-things feeling. I'm totally less of a sad sack than this post suggests; I keep thinking lately about how happy I am, and how lucky to be surrounded by such awesome people. Boo yah!
On another note, I can't decide between these and these. My favorite black peep toe pumps are totally disintegrating. Still comfortable, but only sexy if you don't look too close.
I also started a tumblr to chronicle my possible bicoastal move. It'll be more public than this one, so it won't include all the good dirt about drinking and boys.
No comments:
Post a Comment