So, I guess I was right about being a shitty judge of character, and aforementioned kinda-sorta-dating boy broke things off with me unexpectedly. I found it particularly interesting that he went from "it's so nice to be domestic with you" to "I just need to be single right now" in a mere week. Such is life, I suppose. I remain kind of confused about the whole thing. I wish I could believe that he doesn't want to get hurt when I move to NYC in a couple months, but I just can't. This might have something to do with how I forget that people who hurt me have feelings themselves.
The second unexpected event of last week made up for the first. I got an unexpected text the other night from the boy whose bicycle I rode home on while he pedaled a few months back. He said he wanted to come over and cook dinner, and I wasn't sure if it was going to be a hott beef injection or a friendship steak. I was happy either way because a) I like the guy and b) I really like eating.
He came over with all the makings of a lovely dinner, and reminded me how attractive I find intelligence. He says he's been really busy, despite having no actual obligations. Oh, you know, he's just proving theorems and stuff. When the conversation turned to ridiculous tattoos, he's like, "Yeah, if I ever come up with an equation, I'd get a tattoo of that. Theorems don't really lend themselves to tattoos."
What a charmer, that man.
It was interesting the way that this evening mimicked the first in a while that I'd had with Kinda-Sorta. Both involved a boy making me an awesome dinner with slabs of meat, nakedtime, a really good movie, and conversations about relationships. Maybe I just seem like that kind of girl. Hm.
No comments:
Post a Comment