I think I have become terribly hateful. Now, when I get over my crushes, it is with a certain bitterness, perhaps the taste of only liking people who are not nice. Or who are too nice and are smothery. Or who really love you, but can't seem to stop fucking that other girl, but not because he's an asshole, just because he's so shocked that he can get away with this.
I finally met David Enos. How could anyone hate someone so boyish and adorable? But then, I am judging the book by its innocent looking exterior, and having trouble reconciling said exterior with the Palatucci-despising interior. Or wait, is the hate even real? God. Fuck, who even knows?
But have you looked at sexpigeon lately? Tag teased us a while back with the promise of commenting capabilities, and yet, this still has not come to fruition. But damn, that man comes up with such stellar fonts, and wonderful line drawings.
And you know what else? Nick Palatucci is a fucking master of verbage. You wouldn't know it from talking to him at a party and having him burn you with his cigarette, but damn, that Palatucci...I wanted to say something about how he strings words together in such beautiful ways, but I can't even put this in a form that is beautiful enough to do him justice. Not that I'm gushing or anything. Fuck that. Because you know, while sexpigeon is aspiring to new heights of awesomeness, those at tagpigeon, primarily Mr. Palatucci, are totally falling behind. I do not want you to think that they are tumbling down the mountain of Lame; tagpigeon maintains awesomeness, but its moments of awesomeness are few and far between these days. Kat, are you letting school and/or work distract you? Nick, does Mommy limit your computer time?
You know, I bought this leather jacket last year, and almost immediately after purchasing it, I became involved with the vegan, with whom I am somehow still entangled. I was wearing the leather jacket the other day -- out of my hippieliberal guilt, I only ever wear it to work or the theater, places where I am comfortable with my evilness -- and I thought about how Eric Ball gushed about it after I bought it. I wore it to Gabe's birthday party at Zeitgeist, I recall, and I had straightened my hair; this was, of course, when my hair was long enough for such flights of fancy. And Eric Ball, he unabashedly gushed. It was so nice. This was when we were just really starting to be friends again, so maybe he was really trying to drive the point home that he didn't hate me anymore. Or maybe the jacket really looks that good, and I'm doing the world a disservice in not wearing that dead cow with pride. And fuck, I bought those huge leather boots only a couple of months ago, and I feel no guilt wearing those! Somehow it's the combination of boots and jacket that really gets me. I feel like I'm wearing a cow suit.
And I'm in a terrible mood. We are all alone, terribly, terribly alone. I said this to someone yesterday who had just gotten really hurt and pissed off at me after he told me he'd missed me, and I told him I doubted that. This "offended" him. Then I told him we're all alone, all very alone. He said nothing.
5 comments:
Fuck, it totally IS verbiage. And among the two of us, I was the one who was the English major. But I meant to write this many days ago after I was at the Acoustiganza and I heard so many of your songs that I hadn't heard before; I was just sitting there thinking, "fuck, that Tucci, he fucking has it." So I really meant the verbiage thing more in the context of song lyrics than blog posts.
But yeah, awesome. And you know lotsa them big werds.
Julia, if you knew anything about blogs, you'd know that "Kat Gets Her Pap Smeared" hit the newsstands this afternoon. It's a coming-of-age piece. And there will be a new Kat & Randy Eat Food in a few weeks (Kat & Randy Do PF Chang's (feat. Randy)).
I have been busy promoting fine cinema (Ice Princess?) and graduating with HONORS, JULIA! HONORS!
And what's with this Palatucci circle jerk? I will seriously shit on your face if you fail to recognize my own mastery of verbiage one more time.
Finally, I assume what you heard at Acoustiganza was the Nicky Darger catalogue (catalog? Am I being all British sp?), and every good circle jerk needs a good Nicky Darger lyric: "Drinking games diminish into binging fits as soon as it hits midnight, which makes for entertaining dialogue, as every kid's convinced his double-vision's tripling his insights, they all begin to fight like cats and dooooogs."
I love that shit. That guy is SUCH A DRUNK!
A) See my comment on your blog. I'm back beetchez!
B) I always get talked into believing that Nicky P is 100% lame, and so when he does anything rad, like sing a song, say, I totally come in my pants about it. You, I totally expect greatness from 24/7. It's like in high school when your parents would get all upset about an A-, when really an A- is totally good, but it's just that they're used to seeing straight up A's. I already expect (and receive!!) quality, which of course only makes me want more in the quantity department.
How's THAT for saving my ass, huh?
i lol'ed at "cow suit."
Post a Comment