Thursday, December 22, 2005

Gah!

OK, so Jen and I were up way past our bedtimes on Sunday night (as I have been every subsequent night this week, and here I am, once again...) watching TV. We were ecstatic to discover that Aqua Teen was on at, oh, 1am or something like that. The episode was insane, involving Carl getting hypnotized by his rims (after the rims were stolen by the Mooninites, of course) and shoving a broom so far up his ass that it reached his skull. It was pretty...amazing.

But what came next was the craziest shit I have ever seen in a cartoon; it looked like it was right out of the Strongbad "cuh-razy cartoon" bit (you know, where his head is a Casiotone, and when he gets really mad, it plays the demo). It sounds like I made it up, but there was a kid with a comb-over, a flying hot dog that only said, "La la la!!" over and over again, a talking tree, and a talking tornado. Now, I was just watching Aqua Teen, so it's not like this was that crazy. But the tornado stabbed the tree, and the kid with the combover kept talking about how they had to get to Tuna Mountain to fix the bad situation with his hair. They came across a guy in a cat suit who kept licking himself, and everytime someone mentioned something about him being in a cat suit, he'd say, "WHAT cat suit?" Then, there was this guy with gigantic color-changing rainbow hair who was the controller of cats and rode a huge motorcycle. For some reason, he and the kid had to race against each other on motorcycles, and the guy's rainbow hair came off of his head, and the combover kid used it as a ramp to fly up to Tuna Mountain. And that was it. All in about 15 minutes.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS CARTOON?? It's not on the Cartoon Network website, and Adult Swim doesn't have a set schedule anyway (which is why we were so excited to find Aqua Teen). And I swear I didn't dream this shit up. Jen saw it too.

Everything above sounds like utter nonsense, but that's partly because TV is crazy, and partly because I've slept very little in the past few days. Of course, the latter is caused partially by the former, but we've also had a lot of people over lately, and I had to stay up last night to finish the scarf I started knitting for my dad back in April because goddammit, I'm giving it to him for Xmas.

The shortest day of the year is officially over, folks! From here on out, we'll start seeing the sun a little bit more every day. And not a moment too soon.

Oh, now I found it. A little more Googling was all it took. Adult Swim has its own website, but it's not linked to the Cartoon Network site. The insane cartoon is called Perfect Hair Forever. Here's a clip (the one called "Tusk"). Doesn't make any more sense. It doesn't even list the hot dog, tree or tornado as characters! Evidently, though, there will be a marathon of all six existing episodes on Xmas Eve. Very merry indeed.

No comments: