Sunday, December 11, 2005

The other morning, I walked past a 7Up truck blasting "Rio" out its open door. I thought it was awesome. It was a good morning. As freezing as it gets in San Francisco, I always remind myself that it is much more shrunken turtle freezing in the 02135.

I'm pulling all this High Fidelity shit of stalking his new girlfriend via multiple internet sites, and it's making me in-fucking-sane. I think I made it three days or so without looking at either of their friendster pages but now, I have completely fallen off the wagon, and have become addicted to reading her livejournal. It was somehow comforting to me that she had only mentioned him once, in passing. But now she has a flickr account, and there's a picture of them, he in his bear suit, she wearing far too much make-up with her stupid stupid tattoo, kissing. And he looks so happy. Worse, there's a picture of them dancing. Dancing! Peterson! I really feel like like John Cusack, having creepy visions of his ex doing a very badly coiffed* Tim Robbins. Except that it's not keeping me up at night, and really, long-distance was so not my bag. I understand why he did what he did, and I just kind of wish that we'd broken up before he left. Ha ha, if we had, he would have started dating her much sooner, and they probably would have broken up already, since he seems to be a serial 3-monther. Hm, like me.

Julia, you're just PMSing, snap the fuck out of it. You are becoming a scary person.

Wait a minute, this is me a year ago, just so SP doesn't get too much credit here. Everything's there: the stalking, the pessimism, the pining away for vegan lunch date. (How is it that the years have not dulled that crush? Usually, once it's consummated, I'm so over it! That's, I guess, the one time that I really felt wronged by my bad timing.) I guess I am lacking in the meaningless sex department at present. I'm quite OK with that.

We're all just standing around waiting for our lives to change from after school specials to romantic comedies.

*Ahahahaha, spellcheck's first suggestion for "coiffed" was "cooped!"

No comments: