Friday, September 07, 2007

Hovering Nun

I...I know. I suck. I had a dream the other night that I updated my blog, so I guess it's time that I do so. It's just that there's always this hovering nun...you understand, right? Oh, and I don't currently have internet at my brand spanking new home. Which is gloriously huge, by the way. Basically, I want to just live in my closet.

And I'm getting used to living with a cat again. The Guster is quite a character, and I do love a cat with a personality. It's just that he's a little high maintenance, and has an unnatural interest in being in my room. I imagine it's probably because he's not allowed in there when I'm not home. It seems that he can't stand not being allowed places. He also sheds a lot. Too bad his fur doesn't match most of my clothes; I only have so much orange in my wardrobe.

I went to a Dreamweaver class the other day, so now I'm fantasizing more than ever about doing freelance webmastering. How glorious to roll out of bed when I fucking feel like it! And, god, the nun really bugs the crap out of me sometimes. She has this habit of getting really flustered when she wants something done right now, and not being able to explain exactly what it is that she wants done. When I try to clarify, she acts as if I'm a slow child, and that she totally told me a million times what she wanted me to do. Which is almost never the case. As one of my coworkers put it, she does a lot of "Blah blah blah" -ing.

Feh.

Sometimes working for a nonprof is frustrating. Sometimes I just want to go back to being a corporate whore, so I can go back to wearing ridiculous heels at work. For some reason, shopping for sensible flats the other day really made me feel dumpy. I mean, yo, I wear brown Docs to work most days, and all my sexy heels just gather dust in my huge, huge closet.

Maybe the new haircut I'm getting tomorrow will help me bring sexy back. That and maybe some more time at the gym. Heh.

No comments: