Saturday, September 20, 2008

Badassssss

Well, I've gone and cut my hair shorter than it's ever been before, something like one of these cultural touchstones. While this totally makes me feel like a badass, it also makes me feel like I need to seriously femme it up. I always react like that when I get a short haircut, really, and suddenly I'm back to painting my nails, wearing makeup and showing off my boobs. I don't know why; it's not like I could really be mistaken for a dude. Regardless, I totally went to Big L to buy more eyeliner, just for good measure.

I've been spending so much time dicking around instead of writing my personal statement and/or studying. It's so hard to get back into the routine of studying and doing homework and taking care of things other than sitting on my ass watching TV. But I'm getting there. I can totally do this.

I was convinced that I'd totally lost my footing in my statistics class, because I got the majority of the questions on the last homework assignment wrong. But when I looked over it, I discovered that I had actually just made careless mistakes in pretty much every problem. Stupid stuff like substituting a 3 for a 5. So now I know that I'm careless and not stupid. Phew. I feel much better. And I resolve to slow the fuck down when I'm doing my homework.

No comments: