Monday, September 22, 2008

Happy Equinox, Y'All!

First order of business: RIP Sexpigeon. Tag's had some kind of awakening. Funny to me that someone finally went and got bent enough out of shape for Tag to have said awakening. And also funny that I actually looked at Sexpigeon; I guess it's been different for a while. I've been totally lame about reading other people's blogs lately. I guess since I always go to Ian's and it's all like, "What, it's not still July?" and then I get discouraged and stare at my f'book feed waiting for something interesting to happen. (It never does, btw.)

Dudes, I'm kind of freaking out. I've been really excellent at wasting time lately, and time is steadily moving closer to the deadline for my first grad school app. Of course, this one also happens to be the really important one, the prestigious long shot. Really, all I have to do is come up with a 2 page goal statement, a 1 page personal history statement, write a letter of recommendation to be signed by someone else, and fill in the blanks regarding my pertinent work, volunteer and life experience. Should be easy enough to get all this done in 10 days, right?

Oh crap.

AND NOW THERE WON'T BE ENOUGH DAYLIGHT TO DO IT. The days are officially shorter than the nights as of tomorrow! Gaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!

But the equinox also brings happy memories of Montessori field trips to the beach to celebrate some pagan thang. I'll think about the construction paper pumpkin glued to my hat instead. You know, they assigned all the homework at the beginning of the week in Montessori, in an effort to keep us from being little procrastinators. It did not work on me. Thank the effing lord I have some really glowing letters of recommendation. I would certainly be lost without those.

No comments: