Sunday, October 29, 2006

Says he's going out to find blind spots and he'll do it

I've been having dreams of driving over cliffs lately. It's not a death thing, and I don't even have that jarring experience of waking up when, in the dream, I'd hit the ground. I do get that feeling of starting the steep descent of a rollercoaster, and then suddenly I'll be on the ground, and everything will be relatively alright, considering that I've just come barreling over the edge of a cliff in my car. Last night, I was driving along the face of a mountain above the ocean, and missed a turn. There were three other people in my car, and as we soared through the air, I thought, "Fuck." But I definitely thought it with a period and not an exclamation point. Then we were walking along the sandy beach below, talking about what we were going to do now that we'd driven the car over a cliff.

Hm.

Notorious H.U.G. called me up excitedly the other day, and told me that he'd had "possibly the most awesome dream ever" and I was in it. In his dream, I was pregnant, and didn't want to spend the money on an abortion, so I was going to have the Dealbreaker give me one. Only getting an abortion from the Dealbreaker involved him slicing me open, starting at my neck, with a huge knife. He got about halfway, and then decided he didn't want to go through with it, so I took the knife from him and started stabbing the baby. "This," I asked Notorious, "was the most awesome dream you've ever had?" He replied, "Yeah! Isn't that crazy??"

Well, it's nice to know that if I'm not having pregnancy dreams, at least someone else is having them and they're still starring me. Too bad this has less of the pregnant-with-possibilities undertones, and more of the wow-that's-fucked-up overtones.

I was driving on 580 west this evening, and the whole freeway was littered with crushed white styrofoam cups. I wondered where they came from. And thought that that might just be the closest I will ever get to seeing snow on this stretch of 580 west.

No comments: