Thursday, November 16, 2006

Considering all this crazy shit...

...I'm pretty effing chipper!

1) The nun is not taking her usual Friday off, so I will not have the usual copious amounts of time for blogging and reading Perez.

2) The Chunk had to be put to sleep the other day due to his struggles with cancer. Cutest, crankiest, most ottoman-like cocker spaniel ever. He actually looked a lot like this, but with a lot more crap hanging out of his eyes. And surlier.

3) Some kid at UCLA got tasered by campus security for looking a little too ethnic. I haven't watched the video, but you can.

4) I've been plodding through this lengthy article about global warming.

5) Belmont is the first city in the US to make it illegal to smoke pretty much anywhere ever, including inside your own car. I don't even smoke and I think this is ruh-tarded.

6) Ugh, I've been trying for DAYS to sort out this crazy mailing list situation at work, and today I finally talked to a software support person and thought I had it all sorted out...but no. LIES! The nun discourages me from figuring it out myself and instead wants me to wait by the phone for my BFF, Janet, to call me again and tell me what the eff is going on. She thinks I'm wasting my time trying to figure it out, but helplessly waiting for a phonecall is totally a noble use of my precious time. No learning for you!

7) And oh, I'm turning 25 in a matter of days; this one doesn't really bother me. My quarter-life crisis has already been going on for a couple years now. Oh god, there's even a book about it. Do they really think anyone in the pomo generation even reads non-ironically anymore? Gawd.

Why am I so happy?

Well, I have found true love in a pair of shoes. This pair of shoes. I am seriously, seriously smitten. I was wearing them around my house last night, and I just kept lifting my feet up and staring at them. I can't wait to get home and put them on again. To think I didn't believe in love! What a fool I was!

Also, Zach sent me this funny thing. And this less funny thing. And this quote of the day pretty much cracked me the fuck up. [In case the page is down, yet again, Fergie said: "When people say I can't sing, it's kind of like insulting God." Follow the link, because the series of pictures is pretty effing hilar' too.]

Lists entertain me a lot too. Lists are fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, i just started The Recognitions, which is not ironic, or wait, is it? No, I guess not, but then nothing is true* in this book, so gah! I just don't know anymore.

*That does not mean, however, that everything is permitted. Or does it? Fuck, I need a joint and a beer. Julia! Fetch me my reading slippers!@