1) I've been spending more time on my sitemeter than I have on writing posts. It's just insane to me that:
1a) people get to my blog by googling shit like, "dolphin air freshener women" and "tom d'not." I mean, gawd, how often do I even write about those things? (Yeah, sure, Tom D'not can be a "thing" now. I meant, like, "nouns," OK?) Of course, there are also a lot of people who view this about whom I can glean pretty much nothing. During the time that I wasn't really writing at all, I would still get all these comments on the posts about that weird recorded message I used to get at work all the time. Apparently a lot of other people have heard it too, over and over and over. I don't miss that at all; but I gotta say, I do kind of miss showing hot shot lawyers how to use a fucking coffee maker. Idiots.
1b) I can get so much information about who's been reading this. I mean, granted, sitemeter seems to think that I'm in Pleasanton and Kat's in AZ, but still. The internet is crazy. Reminds me of the Mother Jones article (yeah, the funny thing about that is really that it was I and not Zach who bought the mag') entitled "Is Google Evil?" The conclusion, as far as I could tell, was that it has great potential for being evil, but that would violate its slogan: "Don't Be Evil." (Don't worry Google and Googlers, I love you.)
2) The nun is totally exhausting to me. And to vent, I spend my day having "conversations" with Zach that go like this:
12:33 PM me: god, the nun makes me tired
12:34 PM we can only have one copy of the software running at a time
Zach: ah ha, you're back!
me: and either:
a) she'll ask me to do something on it, but she'll still be logged in
b) she constantly asks me if i'm logged in when she just asked me to do something on it!
OR just now
12:35 PM she sent this email that was like, "When you leave your desk or finish working in donor perfect, would you please close it? THANKS."
but i had just gone to the bathroom! for like 30 seconds! and i was still using it!!!!
gaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!
or like this:
12:34 PM me: gah nun!!
WHY do i have to ask the same question like 18 times?
this morning she goes "can you get out the rosie files? we might have a report due this month"
12:35 PM then like 10 minutes later (10 minutes during which i was doing something she asked me to do) she goes, "have you gotten a chance to look through the rosie files?"
i was like, "um, no, what did you want me to look for?"
she's like, "we need to figure out when the report is due."
12:36 PM i was like, "ah, i thought you wanted me to just pull the files, i'm sorry."
nun (exasperated): "you know, you can ask me questions"
me: "i'm sorry, i just thought you wanted me to pull out the files and give them to you"
thinking: I'M NOT PSYCHIC!!!
Zach totally understands "gaaaaaaaaah!!!!" I think he may be the Sultan of Gaaaaaah!!!! He is also the Prince of Grood. Two years of being domestic partners, and we now only speak in words that don't really exist.
3) I'm really, really not a morning person. How can it be SO hard to get to work at 9am when I only live like 8 minutes away from my office?
4) I sat around my house doing nothing for quite some time last night after a failed attempt to go see a movie. This "doing nothing" of course quickly turned into "compulsively downloading shit that's been on KALX's top 35 recently." So, now I have Ratatat, The Black Keys, Xiu Xiu, The Decemberists and the new Yo La Tengo (which I mostly downloaded for the album title and, dude, what's up with Built to Spill and Yo La suddenly putting out new albums?) and god, I can't even remember what else. Now I just need to form opinions about all this shit so that I can be a cool kid. Already being over it is always the right way to go, right? Or admitting to liking it, but only ironically? Or maintaining that veil of "am I ironic or am I serious or do I even know anymore?" ambiguity? Whatev. Anyway, Roby McBadass also came over and took all his records, so this acquiring of new music is quite timely, and totally signifies the end of an era. Le sigh.
5) I'm obsessed with Britney's divorce. (GodDAMNit! No official statement on her official website?? I'm totes going to go watch K-Fed getting the news via texmex again.) I'm not even going to claim I don't care. That would just be a lie.
6) Tommaso's namedropping has gotten me a lot of hits, and I included so many links to old posts to prove that I used to be funny. Vanity, dude.
1 comment:
your commitment to linkage is truly admirable. and i still find you funny :)
Post a Comment