Monday, January 08, 2007

Sloppy Joe-fu

A sad thing...I like my job, but CANNOT stand working with this nun. I've been officially hired on, which seems to make the nun think she can start acting even more finnicky and snarky towards me, while simultaneously making less and less sense. I vow to stick it out for some as-yet-undefined period of time, at which point, my head will fucking explode.

The following I c'n'p-ed from a series of flummoxed emails I sent to my confidantes this morning:

I'm working on articulating my annoying nun story of the morning, but it's hard to reenact it in writing without a lot of me banging my head against my desk. Basically, she's concerned about my time management skills and writing ability, and the reason she is concerned is because we received a gift on friday, and as of saturday, I had only the thank you template written. Does this mean I need to work on the weekends like she does? The funny thing was that this letter was totally the first thing I started working on this morning, and she had to snoop around on the computer over the weekend to find the lack of writing that I'd done. I mean, yo. She knows I wasn't just sitting on my ass on friday. I....can't even....aaaaaarrrrrrrgg.....

But now she's taking the exec'direc' to an appointment, so I'm free for a little while. Aahhh...

Yeah, so, when we enter donations into our software dealie, the group of donations becomes a "batch." Then, we merge said "batch" with this thank you letter mailmerge dealie, and you know, I hadn't gotten around to writing the bulk of the January letter, because I asked the nun to help me and she, you know, didn't. GAH.

I'm a little frustrated.

2 comments:

Juan Miguel said...

boo on the nun! leave julez alone!

i think nun needs to bust a nut.

sounds like a job for zach!

Unknown said...

Oh my god, you're doing my old job. The horror. The horror!