Friday, July 11, 2008

Cautiously Optimistic

a) Ian, I'm so done promoting your blog. You dudes haven't hated on anything in over a month! What gives? Can you really not think of anything to hate on?

2) I gave notice last week. Nerve wracking to think of a time without an income. It feels better to be broke with a solid plan for not being broke though. Albeit a plan that will take 4 years (until I'm THIRTY), but whatev. I'm becoming a little less sure that it'll be so easy to find a job as a needle-sticker this fall, but also whatev.

iii) It is very hard to make myself work when my boss is gone. I mean, what are they gonna do, fire me? I do need those letters of rec' though...so I make sure that whatever work I do has a visible, tangible result. Like shredding a gigantic pile of paper. Or rather, having a student worker do it for me while I dick around on the internet.

For your reading pleasure, I just cut out a long section of me bitching about my boss and how she makes less and less sense all the time. I mean, just look at the archives and you'll see the same story at least 37 times. It doesn't matter, it's almost over. Three short weeks. And we all know how time just moves faster and faster, and each passing day is a smaller fraction of the days we've already made it through.

I went to my chiropractor on Monday in a weird manic state. I'd almost forgotten about the appointment, so I went in and was like, "OMG, I'm sorry I'm late!!!!!!" He's usually running a little behind himself, so he brushed it off. I told him about my new Life Plan, and he seemed pretty into it, telling me, "You're young, you're smart, you're beautiful; you've got it all. You'll do great." And then the next day, he told Lex that he's proud of me. I find it totally amusing that my chiropractor seems sort of invested in my life. Maybe he's hoping that the stress of school will fuck up by back and neck, and I'll have to increase the frequency of my appointments. Ha.

I've been shaky and restless. I hope all the shaky restlessness at least burns some calories if it's not gonna let me sleep.

1 comment:

alfred q. poppycock said...

i hated just this morning. i was gonna hate on blogs that don't post to get all meta and what have you but then someone stole my shit and i had a whole new reason to hate. more hate soon.