I'm having one of those mornings where I'm staring incredulously at the clock on my computer...I just refuse to believe that it's still so early in the day. How can that possibly be? Oh my god, I can’t even keep my eyes open. Like AT ALL. I'm burned out, man. I'm getting that thing where I'm just staring at the pile of work in my inbox, paralyzed. Additionally, this is the slowest I've ever eaten an apple. I've been working on it for maybe 2 hours, and I'm about halfway through.
All the work in my inbox is so mindless; data entry, checking people's accounts to see if they owe money, putting newsclippings into sheet protectors and then into a binder. Despite (or perhaps because of) the menial nature of the tasks at hand, I just can't bring myself to do any of it. I mean, I can hardly bring myself to finish a fucking apple! Instead, I stalk friends from middle school via whitepages.com, and read about Jude Law and Sienna Miller...dude, she's like totally a month younger than I am, and she's, you know, DATING JUDE LAW. I feel that my life has been a waste. Ha ha.
I can't wait to start my evite for my birthday party. Because I am a gigantic dork.
And I was having this conversation with Zach last night (who was totally disdainful of blogs until he found out I had one, and now wants to scan the whole thing for references to him...oh fuck). He thinks I confuse people by being so unexpectedly up front about things. My attempts at getting people to understand each other apparently just make me more misunderstood. Which reminds me of how I was joking around with one of those fucking vegans a couple weeks ago, and I said, "Oh, you don't understand me AT ALL!" To which he replied, "Yeah, but I've made my peace with it."
But back to Zach: I love having Zach around because he comes home from work every day with some variation of the following:
- a 40
- Church's chicken
- a can of soup
- a case of High Life
We've also gotten him to put mouse traps and poison around the kitchen. I'm hoping that he'll read this and comment.
OK, now I'm about 3/4 of the way through the apple. The inbox is another story.
1 comment:
i'm leaving a comment. from your computer.
Post a Comment