Thursday, November 04, 2004

Zombies everywhere!

Today's magic moment: one of our mediators walked past my desk muttering, "George W. Bush..." I said, "I'm trying not to think about it." He said, "It's bad..." But you know, I spent a lot of yesterday reading leftist articles written in response to the election, and a lot of them were optimistic. It'll be OK...right? La la la?

Anyway, I'm being a total baby and dreading my weekend. And Tom lost his cellphone, which will make it that much more difficult to deal. I feel like a complete crazy person, and I'm not even sure why really. I'm expecting the worst; I'm preemptively seething.

I saw Shaun of the Dead last night...awesome! And I kept thinking of Vegan Lunch Date's philosophy paper on verb syntax, in which most of the example sentences contain the word "zombie." And then I think about how I wishwishwish I hadn't drunk dialed him poolside. And then I think about zombies. And then I think about that guy who almost moved into our house who asked if our friends liked slow-moving or fast-moving zombies. Shaun of the Dead definitely featured the slow-moving variety. I spent a lot of the movie expecting it to turn into Thriller. And I kept humming it afterwards. I'm so annoying.

I really am...I feel like I've been such an asshole around Zach. WHY was I talking about how I'm not poor yesterday? Why do I need to spill the deets of all my past relationships to him? Why do I need to make bad jokes, talk shit, and say stupid stupid things? I can hear these things coming out of my mouth, but I can't stop them! Poor Zach...having a boy around the house again totally brings out the stupid girl in me. Maybe just the stupid jerk.

No comments: