...they sure so make me get all giggly. But I know none of you believed me anyway. I was just talking to cute FedEx guy in the elevator, and he was telling me he needs a haircut. Now, this is more extreme than ME saying I need a haircut. He said, "Nah, it's gettin wild and wooly. I'll come show you when I get a haircut." Hehehehehe, really, you'll come show me?? Golly...and yesterday, a boy I liked years ago followed me into Amoeba to say hi. Totally not in a stick-it-in kind of way either, just in a I-saw-you-on-my-corner-and-thought-I'd-say-hi kinda way. You know, just so no one thinks I'm boasting that the boys always come around.
I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast...but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast.
Oh my god, and speaking of Amoeba, when I ditched Amanda in used rock to go to the soul section, I happened upon this James Brown album called Soul On Top which is....wild. I was listening to it in my room last night, and Karolina asked, "So...what kind of music is this, jazz?" It's the Godfather of Soul with a jazz band backing him up. (Of course, the jazz band includes Maceo Parker.) He does some Etta James-esque standards, and then jazz reinterpretations of It's a Man's, Man's, Man's World and Papa's Got a Brand New Bag. Oh, but what's kind of terrible about the reissue is that the guy who wrote the liner notes made reference to the singing, dancing James Brown doll that Walgreen's was selling like 3 years ago. I actually bought the thing for my dad, and he says it scares him, the way it stares.
And I want to make it public that whatever love I had for Nick is not lost.
No comments:
Post a Comment