What I really miss about the slow days at work is all the time I had to write on my blog.
Yesterday, I was in the elevator with this guy, and as it neared his floor, he aimed his head at the door like a battering ram. Like he was going to have to plow through the door.
I keep seeing that LavaLife poster on BART every morning, the one that says, "Tag, you're it," and features two hot cartoon people, each ogling the other over their shoulders. But it makes me think of Tag, and being half awake as I usually am at 7:30 in the morning, I thought, "That could be Tag's tagline, if Tag were a movie. Tag: he's IT." It, of course, in the be-all, end-all sense.
Speaking of movies, I [heart] I [heart] Huckabees. I saw it last night with a coworker. Ooh, new work friend! He had those free passes. He brought his friend and I brought Rosalie. I said to her, as we were leaving, "Wouldn't it be funny if the friend he's bringing is that boy I kissed last weekend? It'd be like a sitcom! It'd be like that Friends episode when Chandler's friend unwittingly sets him up with Janice!" (Except it wouldn't be like that, because the boy from last weekend was cute and broody and philosophical.) She said no way, and off we went. Turns out the outing was a little like a sitcom; coworker gave Rosalie a valentine in 45B like 4 years ago. Whenever that Violent Femmes/Common Spring Concert was.
Anyway, the movie: the kid from Boogie Nights and the kid from Rushmore, together at last! And then we had Mayan food for a 10pm dinner, commenting all the while on how Euro we were. Recounting gross stories we'd heard or experienced recently. Determining conversational boundries, and that saying things like, "two used condoms right next to her head!!" and "I mean, if he wanted people to cum in his mouth, that'd be one thing!" was entirely acceptable.
And look how hip I'll be tonight; I'm going to the Command Center. I met the lead singer from the Phenomenauts on Wednesday when I was at that hip record release show. And my hip ex-boyfriend was talking to the lead singer from the Slackers. I don't know if ska is hip anymore though. But that dude is sleeping on Vic's couch, and Vic's certainly hip. I mean, have you seen his hair? Or mine for that matter? Farnaz told me that she wanted to make out with my hair all night at that ridiculous meat market of a party.
1 comment:
were you laughing because you should've been downloading the faint?
Post a Comment