I HATE IT when people say "anyways." And irregardless; I hate that one too, even though it's a real word. It's kind of like, "Inflammable means flammable?? What a country!"
Also, when I got home from work I downloaded several songs from only two artists: Latyrx and Tom Petty. I laughed at myself. HEY! Don't come around here no more!
I keep telling myself that I'm reading Henderson the Rain King, but I'm reading at a rate of about 20 pages a week, which is ridiculously slow, even for me. Nick, should I just be reading Herzog instead?
I was totally hysterical (like crazy, not like funny) in the grocery store today, and I made a terrible joke about it. I think Rosalie was embarrassed to be seen with me. She was totally avoiding me in the cheese section of TJ's.
The girl in front of us at the checkout looked so familiar, and she looked back at us when we made some reference to the co-ops. I think I must have known her from CO somehow, like maybe she was on the LMWL.
I met so many people that way, just seeing their names on the waitlist printout, talking to them every day, recognizing their crazy handwriting (you gotta see Ralph's). I miss that. There are no cute philosophy students coming into my office. Just lawyers.
And don't worry, I'm not really going to be Betsy for Halloween, even though Mike Hughes thought it was a really funny idea (I'm sure he'd be the only one), and even though I now have everything but the hair; the glasses, the overalls, the tie-dyed shirt, the Danskos. It's sick.
What's really sick was that Betsy really did dress as Paisley one year for Halloween. I think it was like 2 years after Paisley moved to NYC too. Bets was just really in love with Paisley's legs. She probably still talks about them. I don't think I got the same kind of infamy.
Wahwah.
And my nose WILL NOT STOP RUNNING.
1 comment:
is this true??? you wrote this 100 years ago, but someone e-mailed me this post the other day and I was kind of surprised. very surprised. let's just say surprised. but really, I'm just wondering--you're kidding, right?
anyway, hi julia. remember me? we were both c.o. slaves? I hope life is treating you well. anyone who's surrvived the awkwardness of a grown ass man crying on the phone b/c you don't have a place for his child to live (as all c.o. phone answerers have) deserves a good break.
-p
Post a Comment