Friday, October 22, 2004

ramble on

I need a vacation. All week I've been thinking about how this was the week that Amanda and I were talking about going to Hawaii, and saying to myself, "I'm supposed to be laying on the beach right now, not learning the literal meaning of pushing paper!" Seriously, all I do at work is move piles of paper around my desk. Sometimes, the piles actually leave my desk, and those are the good times.

And I've been such a dork, all worrying about what clothes to bring to LA! But you know, hanging out with someone alternately referred to as "Jacob Hottie" and "French Model Jacob" will totally make me have an inferiority complex unless I manage to look effortlessly beautiful all weekend. (Ha!) I've decided though, that I'm going to bring my crazybeautiful purple shoes. But oh my god, I'm going to hear my grandma yelling at me from the afterlife, "DON'T STUFF THOSE SHOES INTO THAT BACKPACK!!"

My mom and I were joking that while Bill has been going through my grandma's things, Grandma is looking down and yelling, "DON'T TOUCH MY THINGS!! GET OUT OF THERE!" And then my mom joked that no, she's just yelling from her box in the living room. Will her ashes ever be scattered? That was the other thing I was going to do this week. Instead, I did a whole lotta nothin.

I did have a lovely evening yesterday...Ro and I walked all the way to Cactus, by Rockridge BART, and there was THE cutest baby ever there. She kept toddling up to the fridge where the sodas were, and putting her hands and face up against it, peering inside. It quickly became obvious that toddling was still a novelty to her, because she kept giddily running around the restaurant, with an apologetic looking grown-up following her.

And then, after I had given up on the idea of doing laundry and having all the clothes I wanted to take with me, Eli called to ask if I needed to do laundry. Ah, those psychic moments! So we did laundry and drank beer, which was so exactly what I wanted to do. The added bonus was that I got to hassle Eli while he was playing pool. I do love to hassle me some Eli.

And man, I'm so going through Amanda withdrawal...I've seen her for exactly 2 minutes all week, and we've barely been emailing. Sigh...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't you mean crazy/beautiful purple shoes?

jules, you're crazy. you're beautiful.

i miss you more!

love, a(nonymous)

ps. isn't it funny that the name of 'our song' is ramble on? i mean, since we talk so much.

Anonymous said...

pps. thanks heaps for the tp!