Monday, September 27, 2004

Aw, poor little social butterfly!

My favorite comment from Saturday night, as promised to Pancakes: "Erica, she's a little weird. She's just not quite...white."

I've been told a few times in the past week that I know too many people and that my life is too exciting. Whatever, it's just that all these freakin people were visiting or leaving or deciding that last week was a good time to rekindle our friendship. Jen's in South Carolina, Jacob's on his way back to LA, Owen's back in Seattle (en route to Germany), Eric's in Virginia, Ian's back to not hanging out with me 3 times a week...I love you guys, but I'm so looking forward to coming home and doing NOTHING after work. Sweet sleep, how I've missed you.

Friday: hella stressful day at work followed by stoneddrunkenness with Eric. We had hella good sushi (and too much sake!) at Joshuya before we went to see the Pixies, and he gave me a back rub in the restaurant. DIRTY! Really, we had a fun night (thanks for the beer, Amanda!!), and he even went with me to see 20 Minute Loop at the Starry Plough, where I talking to Greg Giles for the first time in like 4 years or something. Jeez, I probably haven't talked to him since that Chateau show where he got in a fight with a guy in one of the other bands and threw his guitar down to go brawl. Um, we didn't really talk much that night.

Saturday, after I spent the early part of the day playing Lil' Kim and Ludacris and jumping on the bed in an attempt to jolt Eric out of his pukey stupor, I bought shoes with Amanda, shirts and food with Alexis, dinner with Alexis and Jacob. Did I mention that Jacob is my fucking soulmate? He called me about the plans for the night, and I said, "Well, Simran's having a party, Cloyne's having a party, and Galina's having a party. Do you want to go to any of those?" He replied, "Well, can't we go to all three?" LOVE!! Then he says, "How 'bout I drive?" LOVELOVE!! "And how 'bout we meet up early and go get dinner?" LOVELOVELOVE!!! The night was so fun, except that Jacob and I did not get drunk at all. Rosalie and Amanda did though; they were so high energy. Amanda told Jacob that his hair looked post-coital. "Were you coiting before you got in the car?" she asked.

Simran's party was grrrreat! Thanks for being born, dude. I felt totally obnoxious saying hello to so many people when I was doing my first walk-through, but, wow! I wish I'd talked to Matty more, but he was busy cuddling with Stephen on the couch. I spent a chunk of the party dodging some guy who looked kindasorta like the Pirate, but ended up totally not being him. Kat was so conspicuously absent from the Cloyne scene. As was booze...but hey, it was a room to room, and we didn't show up until after midnight, what could we expect? Cloyne was great, because we got to see all the people who took the same hopping route we did.

And oh, last night Jacob and I went to Emily's and Jacob cooked risotto. Have I mentioned that I love this man? Then we came back and picked up the lil' Russian and watched Coffee and Cigarettes. Verdict: Jacob and I are not allowed to go to Reel unsupervised ever again. I mean, it wasn't bad. The short with Rza, Gza and Bill Murray was genius, as was Iggy Pop's eye-rolling. It was just that 26 awkward conversations in a row was...a bit much. Our past movie picks: The Wash, Mr. Deeds, 50 First Dates...we suck.

2 comments:

Harpie said...

i think he was going back to seattle for a little while first...or am i not listening again?

jsp316 said...

He's going to Seattle until Thursday and then he's flying back to Germany.