Monday, September 20, 2004

I think such interesting things when I'm driving and can't write things down. Sometimes I try, but it doesn't go over so well.

I had a dream about giving blood in the middle of the night last night. As in, my brother accompanied me on some midnight blood-donating expedition. They did this test to make sure my blood was acceptable, and it basically looked like a ScanTron card with little dots that were supposed to change to a particular shade of brown if my blood was good. There was also a bit about bicycles. I had two, I think mountain and road, and I was worried they would get stolen, so I was going to lock them up. But only to each other. My brother thought it was a stupid idea. I think my parents were there too.

This may somehow stem from playing Uno and Chinese checkers with my family (in reality) last night. There were endless double entendres during Chinese checkers about balls and sticking it in. "Barry, get your balls out of my way!" "Come on, just put it in there!" I'm not so bad at Chinese checkers. But maybe it was beginner's luck. My dad wins at anything that takes any sort of strategy. Kicks ass at hearts, this guy. He spent a lot of time blocking me from getting across the board. Thanks a lot, dad!

I just had THE most retarded conversation ever with Ian. I sounded like such a crackhead. And then I called Owen's mom and overcompensated for my previous out-of-it-ness with an attempt at being perky. Fail-ure. But hopefully all these crazy phone calls will pay off and I'll have a real fun dinner tomorrow. Maybe my insanity will be at an entertaining level by then.

No comments: