Darlings, I'm sorry, I have neglected you. I don't even know where to begin...
My eyetwitch just moved to my chin.
Gwyneth Paltrow called Jessica Simpson a "postmodern Donna Reed."
And Prince covered Whole Lotta Love with Nikka Costa on Saturday. He also did an acoustic version of Satisfaction. Alexis and I spent much of the show making fun of the audience. To the girl in the plaid pants covered in zippers, equipped with useless suspenders: "Um, Gwen Stefani called, she wants her pants back!" To the keyboardist who played weird new-agey music during one of Prince's costume changes: "Um, Enya called, she wants her ambiance back!" We're totally assholes. An $85 well spent. But sadly, Morris Day and the Time did not open up at our show. Maceo was there though. Maceo's still rad. Even radder without his lame rapping son. It's cool to encourage your kid's musical endeavors, but, dude.
Friday was spent at Emily's housewarming. Eric Ball thinks he's fat because I don't outweigh him anymore. He's like a foot taller than I am; I am definitely not supposed to outweigh him. He finally looks healthy, and not like Starvin Marvin. Gabe, Eric and Lex made me laugh so much my face hurt. And it was good to see K-dawg. And Emily, of course. Promises of future dinners were made. I already blew one off on Sunday because....
I was busy getting all upset at Eric. See, we went to that stupid Dave Matthews thing, that I stayed up until 4am to get tickets for because I'm soooo nice. When we left, it was a lovely lovely day in the city. So lovely, in fact, that the sun was shining on Ocean Beach, which was a mere 5 blocks from where the car was. "Oooooh, let's go to the beach!" I proposed, with my typically charming childlike glee. "What? No!" "But...it's right there..." I said, taken aback by his tone that suggested that it was the craziest idea he'd heard to date. It actually made tears well up, the whole idea that I would go so far out of my way to do something with him that he knew I didn't want to do (staying up to buy the tickets, walking 18,000 blocks to get there...) but he couldn't fathom going five blocks out of his way for me. And this girl is not a crier. I hate talking about boring shit like my, uh, relationship here, but Yea Ming acted so interested when I dished about the "break-up" tonight that, well, I thought I'd fill y'all in. Oh, you didn't hear? We broke up.
Let me know when I start sounding like a broken record.
Oh, and Jonny McGovern's Soccer Practice is my favorite song right now: "I'm a dirty frat boy, on a dirty soccer team, going to the locker room after wrestling!" I've also been loving the Aqueduct I managed to find on their website. Why, oh why, would you make your website so hard to find?
Word of the week: copious. Last week: cavalier, but I'm still using it this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment