Sunday, September 05, 2004

city of the 90s

Apparently that's what Seattle is. Also the Emerald City. And something else.

So far:

Pike Place Market: freaked me out! Lotsa really gorgeous looking produce, but I've NEVER had samples pushed on me like that! No, I don't want a grape! Gaaaah!

Been hanging out with Sam and friends. One girl thought I was acting like I was 10 years older than they were. I thought I was being really good about not making the age-ist comments that I usually make. Apparently not.

Tom gave me the weirdest and most deliberate kiss on the cheek I have ever received. And he has a respectable amount of facial hair, for the first time ever. He actually DIDN'T look like he had a molestache! But what is with all these last summer boys growing beards? Lindsay's looked better than Tom's. If Freepile grew one, I think I'd flip out.

My brother is conspicuously absent from the Seattle scene. I keep feeling like he should be here. I don't feel like I need to be doing anything touristy. But I think I'm going to the Space Needle later. And I went to a good show last night. Dalmatians, Aqueduct, Unicorns.

There are many cute boys here. And there is an Uncle Tupelo song on the radio that Ian put on one of the tapes he made for me so long ago. Any song from any of those tapes still has the ability to make me a little heartsick. The lump in the throat, however tiny, is definitely there.

No comments: