Friday, September 24, 2004

Stagecoach the Upholsterer/Upholsterer the Stagecoach

Well, for the retardedest conversation in the world, it sure procured me a lot of Ian time this week. And I got to see Owen after all. But I still haven't seen Iacopo, otherwise known Jacob Hottie/Art Student/Pretty-Eyes.

I never thought that I'd have a conversation with IAN about celebrity gossip. Turns out that he's been reading a lot of People and Us Weekly, and mocked me for still thinking that Justin and Cameron are on the rocks. Apparently they're back to having smooth sailing. Thanks Ian!

I am a corporate whore. I realized this today on my way home from working in Sacramento for the day. See, they fired the guy in Sacto who has the same job as me, so I've been doing his job and mine for a couple weeks now. And then my boss decided that she wanted me to go work in Sacto for a day, supposedly to answer phones and "straighten up a little." What she really wanted me to do was completely administratively revamp the office. Um...? So now I have to go back up again on Tuesday. But fuck, I didn't get home from working there until FUCKING 7PM! But hey, a possible promotion was mentioned to me. Possible. Still hush hush. But I might get to work in SF which would be rad...I'd develop a shopping problem in no time. Bwahaha!

I've been emailing this guy in the SF office, and the conversation has turned to the local music scene. He thinks I know a lot about music and stuff now. Ha ha! Just because I have one crazy friend with his own record label doesn't mean that...well...OK, it's kinda cool. And I can't believe the Moore Brothers played a show with 20 Minute Loop! Anyway, we might become concert buddies. (Doesn't that sound contrived?) He seems fairly certain that the SF music scene is about to blow up. As he put it, "WE'RE DUE."

Did you guys realize how good Purple Rain is? I always thought it was just When Doves Cry that was the standout song on that album. OK, it's still clearly the standout song, but hey: The Beautiful Ones, Take me With You, Darling Nikki: the soundtrack to Purple Rain really is good. I never thought so until recently. More about Ian: I totally lent that tape (yes, tape!) to him in high school so that he could put When Doves Cry on his Dance-a-thon mix.

I'm just talking about Ian so much because I found out that he reads this! And ew, I totally said that thing about that Uncle Tupelo song and he read it and now I feel dirty. That's right, Ian: DIRTY.

No comments: